Roundtable: December 9, 2019 Reading Materials
Panel Discussion I: Index Investing
- Lucian A. Bebchuk, Alma Cohen & Scott Hirst, The Agency Problems of Institutional Investors, 31 J. Econ. Persp. 89 (2017).
- Lucian Bebchuk & Scott Hirst, The Specter of the Giant Three, 99 B.U. L. Rev. 721, 723-725 (Introduction) (2019).
- Lucian A. Bebchuk & Scott Hirst, Index Funds and the Future of Corporate Governance: Theory, Evidence, and Policy, 119 Colum. L. Rev. (forthcoming 2019), 1-11 (Introduction).
- John C. Coates, IV, The Future of Corporate Governance Part I: The Problem of Twelve (Harvard Public Law Working Paper No. 19-07, Sept. 20, 2018).
- Dorothy S. Lund, The Case Against Passive Shareholder Voting, 43 J. Corp. L. 493 (2018).
- Dorothy S. Lund, Nonvoting Shares and Efficient Corporate Governance, 71 Stan. L. Rev. 687 (Mar. 2019).
- Marcel Kahan & Edward Rock, Index Funds and Corporate Governance: Let Shareholders be Shareholders (July 18, 2019).
Panel Discussion II: Exchange-Traded Funds
- Henry T. C. Hu & John D. Morley, A Regulatory Framework for Exchange-Traded Funds, 91 S. Cal. L. Rev. 839-941 (2018).
- Henry T. C. Hu & John D. Morley, The SEC and Regulation of Exchange-Traded Funds: A Commendable Start and a Welcome Invitation, 92 S. Cal. L. Rev. 1155-1202 (2019).
- Henry T. C. Hu, The $5tn ETF market balances precariously on outdated rules, Financial Times, Apr. 23, 2018.
- Ropes & Gray LLP, Flash Analysis: The Final ETF Rule (Sept. 27, 2019).
- Ropes & Gray LLP, 2019 Final ETF Rulemaking – Summary and Analysis (Oct. 15, 2019).
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Press Release & Fact Sheet: SEC Adopts New Rule to Modernize Regulation of Exchange-Traded Funds (Sept. 26, 2019).
Panel Discussion III: The Future of Asset Management
- Ross P. Buckley, Douglas W. Arner, Dirk A. Zetzsche & Eriks Selga, The Dark Side of Digital Financial Transformation: The New Risks of FinTech and the Rise of TechRisk (UNSW Law Research Paper No. 19-89, Nov. 1, 2019).
- Luca Enriques & Dirk A. Zetzsche, Corporate Technologies and the Tech Nirvana Fallacy (ECGI - Law Working Paper No. 457/2019, Jun. 25, 2019).
- Lia Mitchell, Jasmin Sethi & Aron Szapiro, Morningstar Policy Research, Regulation Best Interest Meets Opaque Practices: It’s Time to Dive Past Surface-Level Conflicts (November 2019).
- Rockefeller Asset Management, Applying Scenario Analysis to Actively Managed Strategies, in UN Environment – Finance Initiative, Changing Course: A Comprehensive Investor Guide to Scenario-Based Methods for Climate Risk Assessment, In Response to the TCFD, 83-6 (May 2019).