Roundtable: March 1, 2019 Reading Materials
Paper Presentation I
Geanakoplos, John, Leverage Caused the 2007-09 Crisis (February, 2019).
Paper Presentation II
Mahoney, Paul, The Regulatory Effect (February, 2019).
Simkovic, Michael and Zhang, Miao Ben, “Measuring Regulation,” (January, 2019).
Panel Discussion: Ten Years after the Global Financial Crisis: An Assessment
- Davis Polk & Wardwell, “Bipartisan Banking Act Will Rebalance the Financial Regulatory Landscape,” (August 9, 2018).
- Davis Polk & Wardwell, “A New Cut: Federal Reserve and U.S. Banking Agencies Propose Tailored Regulatory Framework,” (December 10, 2018).
- Gorton, Gary, and Laarits, Toomas, and Metrick, Andrew, “The Run on Repo and the Fed’s Response” (July 18, 2018).
- Guynn, Randall D., “Making Banks Safe to Fail: Ten Years Later” (November, 2018).
- Guynn, Randall D., “Ten Years Later: Vulnerabilities, Resiliency, Resolvability” (March 1, 2019).
- Metrick, Andrew and Rhee, June, “Regulatory Reform,” 10 Annu. Rev. Financ. Econ. 153 (2018).
- Schwarcz, Steven L., Systematic Regulation of Systemic Risk, forthcoming 2019 Wisconsin L.Rev. ___ (2019).
- Tarullo, Daniel K., “Departing Thoughts,” speech at The Woodrow Wilson School, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey, April 4, 2017. Available at https://www.federalreserve.gov/newsevents/speech/tarullo20170404a.htm
- Tarullo, Daniel K., Financial Regulation: Still Unsettled a Decade After the Crisis, 33 J. Econ. Perspectives 61 (Winter, 2019).
- Tucker, Paul, letter of February 23, 2018 to the U.S. Department of the Treasury on behalf of the Systemic Risk Council.
- Tucker, Paul, Policy Statement to the Finance Ministers, Governors, Chief Financial Regulators, and Legislative Committee Leaders of the G20 Countries.