Roundtable: December 2, 2022 Reading Materials
Paper Presentation I
- Usha R. Rodrigues & Michael Stegemoller, Why SPACs: An Apologia (Aug. 2022).
Paper Presentation II
- Gary B. Gorton & Jeffrey Y. Zhang, Protecting the Sovereign’s Money Monopoly (Nov. 2022).
Panel Discussion: Is Sustainable Investing Sustainable?
- Ulrich Atz, Tracy Van Holt, Zongyuan Zoe Liu & Christopher Bruno, Does Sustainability Generate Better Financial Performance? Review, Meta-analysis, and Propositions, Journal of Sustainable Finance and Investment (Jul. 2022).
- Lawrence A. Cunningham et al., Comment Letter on SEC Climate Disclosure Proposal by 22 Law and Finance Professors (May 18, 2022).
- Quinn Curtis, Jill E. Fisch & Adriana Z. Robertson, Do ESG Funds Deliver on Their Promises?, 120 Mich. L. Rev. 393 (2021).
- Robert G. Eccles and Jill E. Fisch, The Politics of Values-Based Investing, Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance (Sep. 7, 2022).
- Jill E. Fisch et al., Petition to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission for Rulemaking on Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Disclosure (Oct. 1, 2018).
- Jill E. Fisch, Making Sustainability Disclosure Sustainable, 107 Geo. L. J. 924 (2019).
- Jill Fisch et al., Comment Letter on the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Proposed Rulemaking on Enhancement and Standardization of Climate-Related Disclosures for Investors (Jun. 6, 2022).
- Max M. Schanzenbach and Robert H. Sitkoff, Reconciling Fiduciary Duty and Social Conscience: The Law and Economics of ESG Investing by a Trustee, 72 Stan. L. Rev. 381 (2020).
- Max M. Schanzenbach and Robert H. Sitkoff, ESG Investing After the New Labor Department Rule on Financial Factors, The CLS Blue Sky Blog (Mar. 29, 2021).
- Max M. Schanzenbach and Robert H. Sitkoff, Comment Letter on the Department of Labor’s Proposed Rulemaking on Prudence and Loyalty in Selecting Plan Investments and Exercising Shareholder Rights (Dec. 13, 2021).
- Max M. Schanzenbach and Robert H. Sitkoff, Markets or Regulators: Who Decides on ESG?, Barron’s (Oct. 20, 2022).
- U.S. Department of Labor, Prudence and Loyalty in Selecting Plan Investments and Exercising Shareholder Rights, Final Rule (Nov. 22, 2022).
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Fact Sheet: Enhancement and Standardization of Climate-Related Disclosures (Mar. 21, 2022).